Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The ADM will have direct responsibility and full accountability for transport operations, shipping operations, employee relations, service to the market, regulatory compliance and employee safety issues.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day associate relations and operations functions within the Distribution Center Operations Team
- Responsible for ensuring that safety goals are met by maintaining a safe environment.
- Monitor compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs including, but not limited to departmental Master Safety Rules and Good Distribution Practices (GDP's).
- Review and manage the BBU Oracle Transportation Management System (OTM).
- Review daily transportation plans, and maximizing efficiencies with transport spend, placing a strong emphasis on waste elimination.
- Review DriveCam events, coach, and provide corrective action notices when necessary.
- Communicate with drivers daily, resolving operational issues.
- Facilitate quarterly driver meetings.
- Manage all 3rd party transportation lanes (production support loads), and in-house drivers.
- Monitor weather conditions that might impact schedules to adjust runs accordingly.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Coordinate the shipping and transport schedule, partnering with other departments throughout the Distribution Center, supporting bakeries, and sales.
- Schedule, assign and direct workforce.
- Train, monitor and evaluate workforce.
- Processing of payroll for all distribution/transport employees using the Kronos System.
- Assist with recording and balancing produced and purchased product for the DC.
- Follow-up on discrepancies with production and/or producing plants when necessary.
- Review route accounting after the run. Follow-up on discrepancies with Distribution Manager, production and/or producing plants when necessary.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Ensure facility and transport equipment cleanliness and organization per AIB, 5S, and Company expectations.
- Follow up with producing plants on sales concerns related to product shortages and/or product add requests when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Expert level knowledge of all government regulations regarding vehicles and drivers (DOT regulations, Accident Reports, Driver Qualification Files, Road Side Inspections, Hours of Service, ELD's, D.V.I.R's, Random Drug Screening, daily log reviews. Key Behavioral Competencies:
Education and Work History:
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a participative team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Ability to motivate and direct the work of teammates at multiple facilities in the designated region
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization: executives, management, drivers and warehouse teammates
- Willing to work after hours when the need arises
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
- 5+ years of transportation/distribution leadership experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with E-Logs, and DOT Compliance a must. DriveCam preferred.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.