Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for leading the execution of DSD route sales in the market place. Success will be defined by sales growth, superior freshness, quality and profit growth, through continuous improvement.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and controllable expenses (freshness, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business relationships with expansion customers to generate new business.
- Engage Independent Busineess Partners in all facets of planning route sales activity, including order management, daily distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order to meet the customers' in store expectations.
- Hold Independent Business Partners accountable for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Utilize sales data to help drive effective decisions with the Independent Business Partner as well as drive brand growth with customers through the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers; ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Execute on all growth opportunities to grow market share on strategic brands through the execution of incremental displays.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for recruiting Independent Business Partners and supporting route splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Maintain accounts receivable, payment due balances, and SBT accounts per policy.
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or sales. DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel Required, 1%-5%
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works primarily as an independent contributor.
- Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives within project timeline.
- Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to business results.
- Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
- Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
- Ability to exchange information and communicate messages to reach consensus.
- Ability to manage a project budget.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.