Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Fleet Mechanic:
Fleet Mechanic Position Summary
- $3000 Sign-On Bonus for all new hires
- Competitive pay; $25.01 per hour (certifications can increase wages higher)
- Amazing Medical/Dental available at VERY low weekly deductions
- Tool allowance according to Union contract
- Stable Union position with pension for retirement
- Vacation available at one year
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available to take advantage of
Fleet Mechanics diagnose and repair company vehicles. Work is primarily done indoors in a Garage environment, but may also be required to perform duties outdoors in varying weather conditions. The Garage Mechanic must be cognizant of all of the hazards associated with the operation of heavy equipment and tools.Fleet Mechanic Responsibilities:
Days/Shifts hiring for:
- Diagnose and repair equipment failures to a safe operating state.
- Minor and major engine overhauls of both diesel and gasoline engine powered vehicles.
- Follows the Company Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Tire repairs.
- Fueling and washing vehicles.
- May be asked to travel throughout the sales zone to handle emergency breakdowns.
- Neat and clean work area.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift: Start Time Approximately 8:00 am
Job Requirements Preferred Qualifications for the Feel Mechanic are:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- This position prefers 3 years' experience in heavy duty truck repair
- May need to possess a Class "A" driver's license or the ability and willingness to acquire the CDL license within 90 days of employment
- May need to pass DOT Physical and DOT Road Test
- 4-ASE certifications; gasoline engine, drive train, brakes, suspensions and steering, electrical/electronic systems as of 1/1/00 additional requirement of Preventive Maintenance Inspection (PM)
- Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed
- Must be 21 years or older
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.