Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is the largest baked-goods company in the US with a leading position in bread, buns, sweet baked goods and cakes. The premium portfolio includes brands such as ARNOLD, BIMBO, BOBOLI, BROWNBERRY, ENTENMANN'S, FRANCISCO, FREIHOFER'S, MARINELA, MRS BAIRD'S, OROWEAT, STROEHMANN, THOMAS' and TIA ROSA. BBU employs more than 23,000 associates, operates over 60 plants coast-to-coast and distributes its products through more than 12,000 routes.
BBU is a subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the largest baking company in the world. As the market leader, Grupo Bimbo has over 170 manufacturing facilities strategically located in 22 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Its main product lines include sliced bread, buns, cookies, snack cakes, prepackaged foods, tortillas, salted snacks and confectionery products, among others. Grupo Bimbo produces over 7,000 products and has one of the most extensive direct distribution networks in the world, with 50,300 routes and more than 130,000 employees. Grupo Bimbo's shares have traded on the Mexican Stock Exchange since 1980 under the ticker symbol BIMBO.
The Bimbo Bakeries USA Operations Co-Op program is a dynamic 6-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to guide student collaborations and project work in each area. Students will be exposed to a variety of functional areas such as engineering, operations, and production while earning college credits in various locations nationwide.
Responsibilities include the consistent collaboration with the Transformation team during the diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality/sanitation standards in a continuous improvement environment. Successful candidate will be a results-oriented team player, have solid interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment. He/she will be challenged with controlling production costs and downtime, monitoring production and finished products, and communicating with associates. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction.
- Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for increased line effectiveness.
- Prepare statistical analysis of process capability to implement improved controls.
- Provide assistance in design and execution of various projects (systems and floor).
- Facilitate training for the supervisors.
- Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Food/Baking Science, Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
- Must be willing to work various shifts in Operations and overtime as needed.
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to analyze data.
- The ability to help the transformation team throughout the bakery to achieve the goals.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.