Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Yard Driver:
• Great starting pay rate: $17.67/ hour
• Home every day - local driving position
• Excellent benefits with low premiums - medical, dental & vision
• Stable Union position
• Company sponsored Health & Wellness Program, Gym Membership Program, and BBU Extras Company Discount program
• Paid Training period
• Opportunities to grow internally within the team as well as within Bimbo Bakeries USAYard Driver Position Summary:
This onsite Yard Driver position is responsible for safely operating the Yard Tractor,hooking and unhooking tractors from trailers, as well as loading, unloading, and moving trailers as needed.Yard Driver Responsibilities:
- Load, unload, and move trailers as needed. This includes hooking and unhooking tractors from trailers safely, and movement through the lot and on town streets.
- Responsible for maintaining storage trailer inventory list (includes baskets, ingredients, and machine parts on storage trailers).
- Communicate with the Jockeys and Shippers on other shifts to discuss trailer locations and manifests.
- Fuel the yard tractor as needed.
- Check accounts for load information to be moved.
- Communicate with transport drivers to maintain safe traffic flow in lot.
- Work in adverse weather and wear appropriate clothing and safety gear
- Communicate with Fleet Garage on any equipment issues with yard tractor and all trailers in the lot.
- Work safely to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Transport and package product between trailer movements.
• Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisorSchedule:Days:
Sunday-Saturday - must be flexible and open to working weekends & holidaysShift:
Vacation Relief -May work various shifts & be required to cover shifts for other Distribution positions as needed
Job Requirements Yard Driver Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Current CDL License
- At least three (3) years commercial driving experience
- Clean driving record
- Must pass a road test in order to be hired
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
• A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may
be substituted.Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 80 Lb.
- Must be able to stand/walk/sit for an extended period of time (8+ hour shift)
- Ability to unload and reload trailers with product pushing a two wheel dolly involving weights between 150 to 225 pounds.
Keywords: Yard Jockey, Yard Driver, Truck Driver, CDL Driver, Transport Driver, Driver, CDL A, Commercial Driver License
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.