Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Recruitment Coordinator provides proactive administrative support for the recruitment and selection processes, provides accurate and timely administrative support for all hiring activities including opening requisitions, posting jobs, scheduling interviews and assists recruitment team with drafting offer letters, as well as all pre-onboarding activities such as background check, drug screening and employment verification. Offers process improvement recommendations to increase team capabilities to support talent management for the organization. Represents the company and is the main point of contact for candidates. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Recruitment team & partner with field HR team in overall recruitment functions and execution of the requisition, recruitment and selection process
- Post job openings on Bimbo Bakeries web page, Intranet, and Internet recruitment sources
- Schedule interviews for candidates while ensuring the candidate has all information necessary prior to coming on site
- Schedule interviews through Outlook on the calendars of managers and internal clients
- Coordinate and manage active calendar of appointments for interview candidates
- Initiate background check and drug screening process with new hire and help guide them throughout the process, ensuring a pleasant candidate experience
- Perform special projects as assigned by the manager
- Help to manage local hiring activities and support the planning, execution and follow through on all hiring related events to include career fairs
- Compiles data and produces various HR andemployment-related reports. Ensures compliance with government reporting and OFCPP guidelines
- Assists with resume review, phone screens, and interviews as needed
- Provides general team administrative support to include: telephone support, records management, scanning/filing, supply maintenance, document preparation, presentation preparation and maintenance of databases
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential employee information
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees as well as building relationships with and supporting hiring teams and HR business partners through the recruitment and selection processes
- Helps in the collation and reporting of recruitment metrics for Recruiting activities ensuring timely and accurate information can be accessed and supplied when needed.
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree, or equivalent experience be considered.
- Approximately 2+ years of experience in a professional office setting. Previous experience working with a recruiting team is desired.
- Highly proficient Microsoft Office products knowledge required, as well as strong writing, email and overall communication skills a must.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) desired.
- Able to multi-task and work with multiple team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly engage and partner with people at all levels.
- Must be a team oriented individual with the initiative to work independently as needed.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.