Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Shopper Marketing is an integral component of our integrated marketing approach, driving category, brand and share growth with our top retailers. Shopper marketing amplifies our brand's strategies and marries them with each retailer's strategic priorities to ultimately develop insight-driven programming to drive household penetration on our strategic brands.
The Shopper Marketing Brand Manager is responsible for developing insights for brands and retailers, working with the agency to develop insight-based programs and sell-in the programs with the Account Executives. This associate will be responsible for creating best-in-class, shopper-centric activations grounded in consumer, shopper and retail insights and presenting them to buyers, shopper marketing managers and internal account executives. This position will collaborate cross-functionally with Category Management, Customer teams, sales, Brand Marketing, Finance, World Class Branding Center, e-commerce and the shopper marketing agency. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Guide and develop strategic and creative execution of customer specific retail programs for our key brands across several customers using shopper and consumer research, data and insight tools.
- Manage account-specific shopper marketing programs from inception to implementation by collaborating with customers, sales, E-Commerce, brand marketing, agency, etc., to ensure each brand's national strategy is executed at the retail level.
- Develop strong, collaborative partnerships with key retailer marketing contacts, leading co-creation sessions to recommend future strategy, innovation and white space growth opportunities through retailer/shopper insights
- Understand customer strategies and retail trends to identify key opportunities for retailers.
- Partner with brand and customer teams to develop comprehensive Shopper Marketing integrated plans that drive traffic, increase household penetration, basket size and conversion to ultimately drive brand equity and category growth.
- Work closely with brand teams to establish a feedback loop to help them better understand the customer situation and identify opportunities to leverage their programming and assets at our priority customers.
- Monitor and analyze program performance metrics and effectively communicate key findings of programs to sales and other cross-functional teams, proactively addressing gaps and turning analysis into action to help grow the business.
- Manage and develop one direct report.
- Proactively act as a champion of Shopper Marketing and build organizational energy, understanding and enthusiasm behind the power and capabilities of Shopper Marketing.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business or Economics, MBA a strong plus.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience.
- Previous customer & channel experience considered an asset.
- Agency experience, IRI/Nielsen is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: The candidate would have the ability to be extremely flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, is a driver who has the confidence to build strong relationships with top retailers, and who collaborates effectively in a cross-functional team setting.
- Collaborative: The candidate would seamlessly with multiple stakeholders internally, cross-functionally and externally.
- Agile: This candidate would be agile in a rapidly evolving and complex space, always looking to find a solution to drive value for the shopper, customer and BBU.
- Data Driven: The candidate would have strong analytical skills and the ability to manipulate data and develop findings from multiple sources.
- Strong Communicator: The candidate would have strong communication skills to share, update and present information in a clear and simple manner.
- Organized: The candidate would possess strong project management skills.
- Leader: The candidate would lead better ways of working as well as develop one direct report.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.