Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Operational Sales Leader is responsible for leading the execution of DSD route sales in the Sales Center. Success will be defined by sales and profit growth, superior processes and standardization of the work flow through the sales centers and the creation of a world class sales center through continuous improvement. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and controllable expenses (product flow, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts through the management of the ordering system.
- Engage sales people in all facets of planning route sales activity, including ordering, the dissemination of all sales promotional communication and the delivery of sales data to facilitate the sales promotion.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a world-class sales center that clearly illustrates and creates sales people's engagement in the marketing strategies and vision of the Company's brands.
- Hold sales people accountable for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales center associates through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback.
- Responsible for the procurement and availability of all point of sale material needed to properly execute merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and customer requests.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for recruiting sales people and supporting route splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Maintain accounts receivable, payment due balances, and SBT accounts per policy.
- Manages the day to day operation of all Bakery Outlet Stores to include personnel management and strategy execution.
- Achieve the sales center safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries and maintain and enforce BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or sales. DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Warehouse/distribution experience is a plus.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel is required.
- Instruction is limited to operational direction to achieve specific objectives/outcomes.
- Ability to manage direct reports generally at the professional staff level.
- Ability to establish project objectives, checkpoints and timelines and manage team members to meet project tasks and expectations.
- Ability to implement programs for area of responsibility.
- Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Ability to manage a small sub-function.
- Ability to effectively make decisions that are more tactical in nature with impact on one or two areas.
- Ability to manage a sub-functional budget.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.