Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Top reasons to choose BBU:
- Competitive starting rate
- Medical/ dental benefits with low premiums
- Retirement pension plan
- BBU wellness program available
- Growth Opportunities
- We value the person
Bimbo Bakeries USA currently has an opening for Production Associatesat the Montebello, CA Bakery. The Production Associate will be responsible for several bakery manufacturing activities. Candidates must be willing and able to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Candidates must be able to safely and accurately operate bakery equipment as assigned by management. The Bakeryoperates 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Responsibilities include the consistent production of a high quality product in a Bread baking facility while incorporating safety and sanitation standards.
Will need to be ateam player andhave solid interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment to ensuring the best quality products are produced.
Excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits (AIB), good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC) and environmental compliance.
• High school diploma or GED preferred but NOT required.
• 1 year of experience in a food manufacturing environment, a plus.
• Must be able to perform basic computer skills.
• Must be able to work any day and/or shift including weekends and holidays.
• Must have physical ability and strength to perform assigned tasks.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds, carry and/or stack pans, ingredient containers, etc.
• Must be able to work in elevated areas and enter confined spaces.
• Must be able to stand while working and walking for the duration of the working shift, except for breaks and meal period.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.