Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Position Summary:
This position is accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming/outgoing product loads and for loading baskets/trays of baked goods and related products on route trucks.Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintains a clean, safe, and secure working environment
- Monitors product being shipped for quality that meets Bimbo Bakeries USA standards.
- Works cooperatively with co-workers
- Notifies a supervisor/manager if there are issues with overages/shortages or quality products
- Accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming and outgoing product loads and returns
- Break-down tray stacks of bread, muffins & bagels, & arrange product for efficient loading and operations
- Daily processing of required paperwork, including inputting any adjustments/ shorts/overages, and verifying loads to account for all products, utilizing computer applications
- Responsible for communicating with sales management regarding daily activities
- Other duties as assigned
_____________________________________________________________Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Abilityto communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work on their own
Job Requirements Position Requirements
Education and Work History:
High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 0-1 years of shipping or warehouse experience preferred
- This position requires a general understanding of generally accepted warehouse principles
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. overhead
- Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stack product according to sales center stacking procedures
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb, twist etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.