Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. TOP REASONS TO CHOOSE BIMBO BAKERIES USA:
- Competitive starting rate $$
- Medical/dental available with low premiums
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- BBU wellness program available
- PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle and loading, unloading, delivering product to designated locations. Must possess a valid CDL, Class A driver's license for the state of residence with acceptable record: knowledge of and compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as State and Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations. Record and maintain documents required by the company and DOT.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all federal, state, local and company regulations, laws and programs.
- Attendance and punctuality are required. Work schedule may include weekends, holidays and split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs.
- Load, unload and reload trailers with product and/or equipment. May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
- Utilize powered industrial material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
- Application and operation of vehicle safety equipment (including, but not limited to tire chains) in adverse weather conditions or terrain. Willingness to work with various departments.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver's Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, and related necessary documents.
- Reports any safety issues, concerns or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Positive customer service skills.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Safely operate the motor vehicle they will be driving
- Possesses a valid CDL/medical certification card issued by driver's state of residence on his/her person while operating a CMV.
- Must pass DOT Road Test, in the type of vehicle subject to drive, administered by Bimbo Bakeries USA.
- The ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand work, safety instructions and comply with DOT.
- Must be capable of climbing up and down building stairways and ladders to perform the tasks required.
- Must be capable of exerting necessary force to move equipment in the distribution process.
- Tasks require sitting and driving for long periods, standing, stooping, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, bending and twisting.
- Mental and visual ability to identify rack and/or container labeling. Perform repetitive tasks following specific instructions.
- Associates may be subject to inclement weather conditions.
- Associate is subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Basic math calculations to count, verify, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Prior CDL Class-A driving experience, loading and unloading, knowledge of FMCSR requirements.
- Preferred two years' experience driving tractor-trailers including doubles, where applicable.
- No "at-fault" accidents or points in last three (3) years, along with a clean (no moving violations) motor vehicle record.
- Knowledge of on-board computers helpful.
- Truck driving school/ Trade school education helpful.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.