Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is the largest baked-goods company in the US with a leading position in bread, buns, sweet baked goods and cakes. BBU employs more than 22,000 associates, operates over 50 plants, and distributes its products through more than 11,000 routes. BBU is a subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the largest baking company in the world. As the market leader, Grupo Bimbo has over 160 manufacturing facilities strategically located in 22 countries throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. Grupo Bimbo's shares have traded on the Mexican Stock Exchange since 1980 under the ticker symbol BIMBO. Program Overview:
The Manufacturing Transformation Production Supervisor will spend two rotations working with the manufacturing transformation team at selected bakeries. During transformation responsibilities include providing guidance to resolve particular operations issues or implement projects, the consistent collaboration with the Manufacturing Transformation team during the preparation, diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality/sanitation standards in a continuous improvement environment.
At the end of the transformation rotation, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for assisting with the activities of the Production Department and monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. Position also provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of the line employees in the production department.
The Production Supervisor has the responsibility to ensure and maintain a food safe environment through compliance with all requirements in Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Quality, Workplace Safety, Integrated Process Management (IPM), Occupational Safety Health Act (OSHA), Environmental Standards and polices/programs as may be required by Plant, Company, Local, State and/or Federal mandates or programs. Position Responsibilities:
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
- Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing IPM, Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
- Coordinates, maintains and monitors production processes and procedures.
- Manages the production process (time, temperature, procedures).
- Supervises, trains and coaches hourly lead and production associates.
- Implements Company and plant procedures and policies.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of IPM, the link to Quality and the need to manage based on facts and data.
- Coordinates workflow with all other departments as well as equipment repair with maintenance.
- Executes, maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, orders completion and personnel and/or labor related issues.
- May conduct in-house audits/checks and quality control checks.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
Job Requirements KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Results Achiever
- Change Leadership
- People Oriented Leadership
- Learning and Adapting Best Practices
- Lives By and Promotes Values of BBU
- Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering, Food Science or Baking Technology
- The experience through the manufacturing transformation team will provide the supervisory experience for the
- Production Supervisor position.
- Demonstrated acquired knowledge of bakery operations/processing/formulations and bakery equipment.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of safety related issues including compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations
- The ability to analyze data using all systems including WinSCP and ODI and work with other departments to establish goals and make the right decisions for the bakery
- The ability to help all teams throughout the bakery to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication skills in a labor environment, if applicable
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment
- Must be willing to submit to a background screening and post offer drug test.
- Ability to connect with people across hierarchies and develop strong relationships
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to analyze data, multi task and problem solve in a fast paced challenging environment.
- The ability to help the transformation team throughout the bakery to achieve and sustain the desired goals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including off shifts and weekends.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.