Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
A Controls Tech's main function is to manage and improve all the components and software required to efficiently operate a primarily automated manufacturing line. Below are some criteria and skills needed to fulfill this function.
• Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes & are Priority #1.
• Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority by setting the example as a member of senior management.
• Assures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing IPM, Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
Should be flexible to work any shift with capabilities to be on-call.
• This person should have an encompassing knowledge of electrical circuits.
• Knowledge of three phase motor control circuits to include; overloads, safety circuit, variable frequency drives, speed control interface.
• Knowledge of I/O control circuits to include AC/DC field devices, analog components and digital pulse components.
• Should have a working knowledge of advanced measurement device concepts; such as the principles of transmitters, transducers and load cells.
• Should have a basic knowledge of advanced motion motor circuits; such as servo and stepper motors.
• Should have a basic knowledge of electronics relating to field devices, for example effects of a pull down resistor on a circuit.
• A Control Tech should be able to work with various industrial software.
• Should be able to use industrial network communication software, like RSLinx, RSLinx Enterprise and Factory Talk ME/SE.RsLogix 500, RsLogix 5000, Studio 5000. RsNetworx Devicenet, ControlNet, Ethernet IP, ModBus.
Should be able to troubleshoot industrial Robotics, Fanuc, ABB, Delta.
Should be capable of electrical design in AutoCad Electrical.
• Should be able to use PLC Programming software to troubleshoot and modify Allen-Bradley PLC programs up to and including Controllogix platform.
• Should be able to use operator interface development software to modify and download to existing operator display's.
• Should be able to utilize various isolated control device software such as Micro-motion and Devicenet for VFD's.
• This person should have basic knowledge Enterprise Systems.
• Should have a basic knowledge of mapping computers using an Ethernet platform.
• Should understand the principles of database systems.
• Should have a working knowledge of certain office software; such as Work, Excel, etc.
• Should understand the principles of servers and how they function on a network.
• Should have a reasonable knowledge of Governmental Requirements.
• Should be able to layout a control circuit that complies with NEC code.
• Should have an understanding of some OSHA regulations that affect manufacturing.
• Understanding of EPA, FDA, and AIB criteria related to the food industry would be a plus.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Technical degree in a related field or AIB Maintenance Resident Course is a plus
• Three or more years of hands on supervisory experience in maintenance and/or engineering
• Strong PLCknowledge baseis required
• Operational background in electrical circuitry and equipment repair
• Excellent communication skills and effective team building skills is a must
• Labor relations experience is preferred
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.