Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Sanitor is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facility according to the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures outlined by the Company. We hold qualify and food safety in our product to the highest level, and a sanitary work environment is essential for ensuring quality and food safety product is delivered to our customers.
In order to become a successful member of the Sanitation department, a person must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule and able to keep up in a fast-paced environment.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all cleaning of soiled supplies and equipment used in the manufacturing process. All buildings (administration, production, distribution) must be maintained according to Company Policy.
- Maintains all buildings by washing walls, ceilings, floors, removing trash and disinfects all refrigerator units and cleans trash room.
- Operate rack washer, power washer, steamer, washer extractors and dryers.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies such as paper products for bathrooms and towel dispensers in all buildings.
- Oversees storage of all cleaning supplies, chemicals and disinfecting equipment.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor or Lead immediately.
- Efficiently disassembles and assembles equipment for proper cleaning.
- Adheres to all GMP guidelines in the performance of job.
- Is aware of the chemical properties and proper use of cleaning solutions and applies knowledge in their proper use.
- Keeps accurate cleaning records of equipment, areas in accordance with SSOP's.
- Keeps chemical/supply storage room orderly and clean at all times
- Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled and stored.
- Follows rules and regulations to ensure food safety, quality, and legality.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Applications and operation of equipment and machines used in the cleaning process.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- This position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. There are no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position. The company retains the right to change an employee's position or job description at any time
Job Requirements Education and Work History:
- High School/GED/Equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of sanitation experience preferred
- These functions require the Associates to be standing, Climbing or walking 100% of the time
- Must frequently twist, bend, and stoop when preforming work tasks. Frequently carry or lift 25 pounds or more
- Must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer terminal and retrieve information from the Associate files and answer phones. Record data and document cleaning and training conducted.
- Must have adequate communicating and observational skills.
- Associates are required to work weekends, holidays and OT as needed
- Good Communications Skills, Organization Skills, Team Player, Hardworking, Dependable, safety conscious and bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.