Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Retail Clerk attends to the customer's needs, handle cash and product. Assume responsibility for customer service, store presentation, cash and key controls as assigned by the Region Bakery Outlet Manager. Key Job Responsibilities:
Maintains a safe working environment for customers and fellow associates.
- Follows all safe working practices and procedures.
- Greet customers, maintains awareness, and assists with customer needs.
- Have a thorough understanding of product availability, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Ensures superior customer service at all times.
- Ensures fast, efficient check-out.
- Handles cash and makes change accurately.
- Assures that stock levels on the sales floor are maintained at all times.
- Maintains product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor.
- Unloads trucks and check orders.
- Maintains freezer product at a safe and acceptable level, if applicable.
- Maintains a clean, neat work area including parking lot, carts, baskets and trash areas.
- Participates in store physical inventory.
- Participates in store team meetings and training.
- Reacts to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Communicates effectively with store management and fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
_____________________________________________________________Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Job Requirements Position Requirements
:Education and Work History:
High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. overhead.
- Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stack product according to sales center stacking procedures.
- Must possess basic math and computer skills.
- Good knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Good people/customer service skills.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.