Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Acelerada business unit was created in 2017 to drive aggressive growth at Bimbo Bakeries, USA through disruptive innovation, challenging the status quo, expansion of new distribution channels, and accelerated speed-to-market. During the last 3 years, the Acelerada supply chain has evolved in complexity, breadth and depth, and is an integral the success of multiple iconic brands.
The Senior Manager of Supply chain, through leveraging technology and shared-services, combined with a nimble and adaptive leadership approach, will be primarily responsible for managing the supply chain of mature Acelerada brands including Bays English Muffin, Oroweat, Brownberry, and Arnold stuffing, and newly acquired Lender's Bagels. This leader will be critical to the development of scalable and sustainable supply chain systems, processes, and solutions that enhance collaboration, improve customer experience, and optimize cost-to-serve.
The scope of the role includes S&OP, Demand/Capacity Planning, Inventory Management, and Transportation management. Key Job Responsibilities:Strategic
- Work with the Manager of Supply Chain to assess planning needs across Acelerada distribution channels (small- and large-format grocery, convenience, drug, gas, and eCommerce), develop "gap" analysis to best-in-class, and design roadmap from current state to future state.
- Work with Oracle team to scope out and recommend demand planning & replenishment (DP&R) software for mature business as well as new business.
- Design, implement, and lead cross-functional sales and operations planning (S&OP) process creating end-to-end supply chain alignment, visibility, that maximizes service levels and inventory risk.
- Develop and implement tailored Key Performance Indicators for each channel of distribution.
- Design and develop process to manage "at-risk" inventory.
- Actively lead EDI integration (Electronic Data Interchange) across all Acelerada distribution centers and Oracle and customers
- Manage DP&R process:
- Develop and implement short and long term customer demand forecasting solutions.
- Collaboration with Sales team to manage new demand and promotional activity.
- Developing inventory requirements to balance service level with inventory risk.
- Manage production purchase orders process for domestic and international GB (Grupo Bimbo) bakeries and non-GB co-packers.
- Establish strong relationships with Acelerada suppliers and 3PL teams.
- Build sustainable process for managing the retail/industrial stuffing forecast.
- Setup and maintain all inputs in Demantra DP&R tool
- Inventory Management:
- Maintaining KPIs for customer service level and inventory "health".
- Manage inventory reconciliation between physical DC inventory and Oracle.
- Manage S&OP process:
- Co-chair weekly/monthly meetings with Sales, marketing, packaging production, supply chain, and other teams as required.
- Present supply chain KPIs and provide insight to inventory balances and risks.
- Proactively identify opportunities and exposures for the team.
- Present executive summary at monthly New Distribution Channels meeting.
- Transportation Management:
- Work with Logistics lead and manage comprehensive freight bids and implementation of new carrier selection.
- Implement new solutions to simply network and process
- Lead implementation of TMS (transportation management solution)
- Lead implementation of Freight, Audit and Pay (FAP)
- SME (subject matter expert) of warehouse EDI transactions and setup.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Operational, Logistics, DP&R Planning experience.
- Six Sigma/Process Improvement experience.
- 10-15 years required in supply chain operational environment.
- Technical knowledge of warehouse EDI and ERP systems.
- Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel, Power Point, Intermediate Access).
- Exceptional analytical and data-mining skills.
- Strong communication - written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- CPG, food manufacturing/distribution is a plus.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.