A Kempsville Building Material (a division of Carter Lumber) Load Puller is responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the receiving, checking, picking and loading of material to and from trucks and warehouse. Ensures store shipments are assembled correctly and material is restocked to and from warehouse areas. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
Responsibilities of the Position
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of a variety of tools
- Ability to do repetitious work
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Ability to work in a team environment
:Receiving and Loading
Picking and Checking
- Unloads in-bound freight, verifies the material matches the order and records any damages or shortages.
- Obtains driver's signature on bill of lading.
- Assembles store shipments by palletizing, shrink wrapping and labeling the units.
- Inspects the shipment, ensuring it is securely covered and strapped.
- Counts and checks material according to order.
- Ensures the correct quantity to fulfill the order is pulled.
- Maintains inventory and monitors out of stock materials.
- Stages outgoing material in order of delivery sequence.
- Ensures delivery stops are clearly marked and coded.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Adheres to safety requirements when operating tools and equipment.
- Ensures safety functions on equipment are operating properly.
- Handles material in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Reports any defects or safety issues immediately.
- Completes required safety training.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 549158332Posted: 2020-02-14