Carter Lumber is looking for a Designer who would be responsible for designing plans for Engineered wood products. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by customers. Requires the knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the construction industry. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
Responsibilities of the Position:Designing:
- Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction
- Previous experience using truss, engineered wood product or wall panel design software
- High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed
- Competency in basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans
- Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Analyzes and Troubleshoots:
- Creates design illustrations based from blueprints to produce working drawings for fabrication.
- Completes and finalizes designs for production and assembly.
- Evaluates designs to ensure that design standards are being met.
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, blueprints, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood components.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Communicates with production teams, customers and Store Managers to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process. Assists stores in responding to questions/concerns from customers.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 549158337Posted: 2020-02-14