The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring the key functions of payroll processing and doing daily labor report, cash handling, processing accounts receivable, collections, maintaining hotel checkbook and purchase order system and processing daily revenues each day to ensure they are completed in a timely manner and accurate. Responsibilities
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours, verifying payroll information, recording miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with hotels' required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the General Manager/Staff Accountant.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Process "due backs" on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with Hotels' policies.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing letters, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Do daily labor tracking work sheet
- Maintain hotel checkbook and purchase order system
- Process accounts receivable
- Process daily roll over of all revenues within PMS and M3
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- 1 year Hotel accounting experience
- M3 experience preferred
- Light speed experience preferred
- College courses in an associate field preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotels Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Hotels Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Posting ID: 549158343Posted: 2020-02-14