"Fast, Friendly service with a smile"
Store AssociateJob Description: Full & Part TimeRevised: 4/3/17
Reports To: Manager on shiftJob Title: Sales AssociateSkills:
- Able to work well with others
- Good Attention to detail
- Good Communication
- Analytical and reasoning
- Outstanding Guest Services
Job Description / Duties:
- Operates shift within company guidelines to achieve sales and profit.
- Follows work schedule as posted, unless altered by Store Manager.
- Assists Manager in assuring the store maintains a high level of overall cleanliness.
- Performs any other specific tasks assigned by Store Manager.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all customers.
- Adheres to all alcohol/tobacco and lottery sales regulations.
- Stays familiar with the price book, company rules & regulations, automated equipment, bulletins, and promotions.
- Prepares a shift report for each shift worked.
- Maintain accurate ring of sales, control cash and lottery.
- Properly completes form for a Minuteman charge account.
- Must know company motto; "Fast, friendly service with a smile"
- Always follows the "Guest Service Program"
- Is helpful and attentive to each customer's needs.
- Is friendly and courteous at all times.
- Must be able to deal with all types of customers, must show an image of professionalism while trying to remedy customer issues.
- Answer telephone with "Thank you for calling Minuteman Store#___, this is __________, how may I help you?
- Makes Store Manager aware of any personnel situations or problems they may have an adverse effect on the store's operating performance.
- Must attend all store meetings assigned by your store manager.
- You will also take directions from the Assistant Manager, Shift Leaders and any other member of management to assure the job gets done efficiently.
- Advise any member of management of any policy violations.
- Assumes the responsibility for controlling both cash and inventory on his/her shift.
- Assures that vendors are properly checked in.
- Assures that alarm system is activated at closing.
- Properly stocks coolers, drink boxes, store shelves, cigarette permanent racks, and over-head fixtures, fountain area.
- Properly cleans and maintains equipment.
- Properly readies fountain drink and coffee machines.
- Keeps shelves clean with merchandise fronted and faced.
- Keeps store floors clean at all times. Uses "Caution/Wet Floor" signs.
- Checks refrigeration equipment temperatures during all shifts worked, a minimum of once per shift.
- Monitors bathroom cleanliness every one half hour and corrects any issues immediately.
- Properly cleans shelves, windows, counters, merchandise, and gas pumps as needed.
- Reports all maintenance problems to your Store Manager immediately.
- Polices parking lot and surrounding area each morning, including, but not limited to, picking up debris, wiping down pumps, and cleaning tops of trash cans. Be attentive to other maintenance needs such as spills on the concrete.
- Must be able to perform all safety procedures. (Examples: Emergency Shut Offs, Fire Extinguishers, Handle Accidental Spills and Accidental Falls) and using proper procedures. Maintain a safe work environment and be able to recognize and respond to all safety issues. Must promote a culture of safety to prevent injuries.
- Policy is: You MUST contact your store manager immediately in the event of an emergency.
Essential Functions of the Job
I have received and reviewed the complete job description as stated here and understand the requirements of the position for which I have been hired.
- Be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Be able to perform math calculations sufficient enough to make correct change, complete shift reports and properly check-in merchandise delivered by vendors.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of soft drinks, beer and juices at least one time per shift.
- Must perform age regulations for all age sensitive products.
- Be able to climb a ladder for cleaning windows, etc.
Posting ID: 549158356Posted: 2020-02-14