Below is an overview of the job duties, to view the full job description click the link listed at the bottom of the position.
The Graphic Design position will join the Merchandising, Design and Product Development Team. The position will serve as an individual contributor responsible for assisting both Buckle's private label and exclusive brand Teams through the fit and approval process aspects of product development preparation and follow-up. This includes providing product knowledge for the team's development ideas.Responsibilities:
- Utilize an understanding of the Buckle image, philosophy and goals in order to promote that image to Guests and Teammates.
- Demonstrate knowledge of office and computer programs and store knowledge and reports.
- Effectively communicate with vendors/sale representatives on a daily basis regarding the approval and fitting areas of the buying process.
- Assist with the preparation and follow-up for the development of product and the placing of buys for a respective category.
- Escalate issues and provide communication to management, other departments as needed.
- Coordinate packages and/or samples being sent to the office for review.
- Maintain accurate documentation of spreadsheet form fit comment sheet and relay to corresponding vendors.
- Provide daily progress and product knowledge for team development ideas.
- Assist in creating tech packs for development designs to be sent to vendors for clear instruction.
- Create exclusive branded label designs.
- Construct tech packs for development designs to be sent to vendors with clear instructions.
- Translate art into vector-based drawings using Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Prepare and update sketches and specifications.
- Use buying/sales tools to create solutions.
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high level of customer service while contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Buckle sales floor experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency computer skills
- Please send your portfolio toLynn.Killion@Buckle.comupon completion of application
Monday - FridayTo view full job description click hereBuckle is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 549158371Posted: 2020-02-14