Overview Opportunity: Line Cook
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and established guest service and sustainability standards. Potential Career Path
Lead Cook - Sous Chef - Assistant to the Head Chef Essential Job Functions
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Hersha Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Hersha Hospitality standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience.
What We Believe
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence - Stay Nimble - Own It
Posting ID: 549158384Posted: 2020-02-14