SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP)is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia.Pulaski is considered a neighbor to theVirginia Tech Hokie
community and is a short 45 minute drive from Roanoke, VA. TheHCA(Hospital Corporation of America) hospitalis a 147-bed acute care facilitywith more than 350 employees and has beenrecognized by Joint Commissionas a Top Performer. The medical staff includes a wide range of primary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well as Hospitalists.
Job Duties Include:
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians and all aspects of the health care team. Effectively promotes and enforces customer service standards for all departments. Supports department directors with staff and provides nursing department directors feedback regarding staff performance and/or problems.
- Maintains accurate staffing and census reports.
- Acts as in-house resource for staff, patients, visitors, and physicians. In role as resource to staff, gives special attention to employees in their orientation period in order to assist with establishing their competency.
- Assists units and families with patient deaths.
- Responds to potential and/or actual emergency situations with direct and appropriate actions. (i.e. RRT, Code Blue, Code Sespis, MEWS & PEWS Trauma Alerts)
- Works with the Transfer Center to obtain and communicate bed assignments. Coordinates transportation to units for transfers and/or admissions.
- Communicates with peers, nurse managers, and others to exchange feedback on service issues and to solve problems, including patient and physician complaints.
- Demonstrates ability in using hospital information systems including on-line forms required for position including notifications, code critique, chart review as needed.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Assists with the orientation of new hires including new shift administrators as needed.
- Assures management of other specific routines including responding to unit requests for pharmaceuticals after hours following established procedures; notifying all personnel and coordinating posting of OR cases after hours; assisting with stat c-sections or set up of NICU services after hours.
- Regularly rounds on units and in patient areas to interact with patients, families, and visitors to identify opportunity to improve the patient experience.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Required- Two years experience as a Registered Nurse with demonstrated proficiency in customer services, leadership and management skills.
- Preferred - Five years clinical experience with critical care experience and experience in a management role.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Why join HCA - LewisGale?
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan AssistanceProgram($1,800/calendar year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status." Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Posting ID: 549158395Posted: 2020-02-14