The Sales Associate is responsible for serving customers in a professional, quick and courteous manner, while complying with all food handling guidelines. Cashier
Additional Job Duties:
- Arrive at work in a clean and proper uniform, and be clean and neat in appearance.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner. Understand all functions of the POS system.
- Make change properly.
- Be proficient in opening and closing a shift, including completing all paperwork.
- Use credit card equipment.
- Process all sales quickly and accurately.
- Insure all items are properly stocked and priced correctly.
- Read and follow directions.
- Check in vendor delivery.
- Assist in ordering.
- Understand fuel inventory reports.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and perform simple maintenance.
- Keep store neat and clean, inside and outside.
- Recognize problems and report them to management.
- Project a positive attitude.
- Responsible for all aspects of food operations and handling/storage of product. Complies with all food handling guidelines to meet or exceed state/federal regulations.
- Ensure a clean and healthy food service environment for our customers and associates by following proper cooking procedures and temperature holding temps.
- Ensure that all food products are stored properly, rotated and code dated with expiration dates. Also ensure that all food products whether cooked or stored are held at proper temperatures.
- Responsible for temperature testing food to ensure proper food safety and quality control.
- Providing friendly and competent customer service.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled with regular and consistent attendance.
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- Retail or guest service experience preferred.
- Able to work the POS system efficiently.
- Ability to read, write and perform math skills.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to change when required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Must be well groomed and properly attired.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and any shift needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Must be able to communicate in English. - IF APPLICABLE
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Sales Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Posting ID: 549158401Posted: 2020-02-14