U.S. Vision is one of the largest eyewear companies in the United States. We have been engaged in the retail optical business since 1967. We are the second largest independent operator of optical stores in host retailers in terms of store count and the first in terms of the number of brands. We are located in 42 states and operate our own state-of-the-art manufacturing laboratory in Blackwood, NJ.
Under the direction of the Production Managers and Supervisors, the Production Associate is responsible for the complete process of manufacturing complete pairs of eyeglasses. Each pair of eyeglasses are made to the specific needs of the ordering customer. The Production Associate will be trained to operate at least 2 of the following stations:
• AR (Anti-Reflective)
All station require long periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching and communication with other associates, supervisors and managers.
• 1+ year experience working in a manufacturing facility preferred but not required
• Must have the ability to inspect for small particles utilizing a magnifying glass
• Must be comfortable around machinery
• Optical industry knowledge and experience preferred but not required
• Job requires ability to perform tasks as outlined with extended periods of standing and sitting.
• Must have a strong comfort level with machines.
• Ability to lift and manipulate objects on an ongoing basis.
• Physical requirements of this position include but are not limited to frequent walking, standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
• This position will require dexterity to clean and use small instruments with lenses.
• This position will also requires ability to inspect lenses for blemishes and scratches. This position wills lift up to 20 pounds.
• The candidate must have full range of motion to transport trays and lens domes into coating machines.
• This position requires candidate to work within a clean room for extended periods of time. (When working in the AR clean room).
• Candidate must be able to perform repetitive tasks with or without reasonable accommodation
US Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at US Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
US Vision is a Drug-Free work environment.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
Posting ID: 549158425Posted: 2020-02-14