A Carter Lumber Yard Specialist is responsible for providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers by loading customers, building loads and assisting with maintenance of an efficient and clean lumber yard. This is accomplished by assisting customers in selecting and loading items they have purchased along with gathering materials to be delivered. Inventory control, product knowledge and organization skills are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
Responsibilities of the Position:Customer Service:
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Familiarity with building materials is helpful
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
- Accurately pulls and stages materials to be picked up or delivered to ensure schedules are met.
Knowledge & Training:
- Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
- Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including sales, inventory and safety.
- Properly uses and maintains all equipment.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 549158445Posted: 2020-02-14