Job Description - Deli ManagerPosition Overview:
The Deli Manager oversees the operation of a profitable, sanitary deli that serves fresh sandwiches and deli items; branded and/or proprietary.Position Classification:
Full TimePosition Reports To:
Store ManagerPosition Manages:
Deli ClerkMinimum Education:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to speak, read and write in English. Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry boxes and /or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (95%), Sitting (5%);
- Ability to climb, balance, reach, grab, stoop, crawl, bend, and crouch for extended periods;
- Ability to use close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and visual focus.
- Ability to smell and identify odors;
- Ability to clearly hear and interpret voice commands and telephone communications;
- Manage, recruit, and train all deli employees.
- Follow all Little General and brand (if applicable) policies and procedures and ensure all deli employees do the same.
- Schedule labor in accordance with budget set by supervisor based on store needs. Schedule must be in accordance to federal wage and labor regulations.
- Ensure store staffed during all operational hours.
- Follow and enforce uniform and hygiene standards as set by Little General or brand (as applicable).
- Train deli employees to prepare all branded and/or proprietary menu items.
- Provide employee coaching and document progressive discipline when required.
- Ensure that food service area and food service equipment are clean, operational, secure, safe, and properly maintained to meet local health department, OSHA, Little General, and brand (if applicable) standards.
- Must obtain and maintain local food handler's certifications as required by the county and ensure all deli employees obtain the same required certification within 30 days of employment.
- Complete truck orders through approved distributors for food and supplies. Maintain inventory levels as needed by store based on sales volume ensuring inventory is of appropriate levels.
- Conduct monthly inventory to ensure profitability. Conduct weekly inventory if deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Monitor product levels, rotation, expiration dates, and portion control to minimize waste and shrink.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly administrative duties accurately completed when due; sales tracking, truck orders, invoice processing, etc.
- Report any problems to the Store Manager or Assistant Manager on duty. Deli manager defers to Retail Store Manager.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor and/or any Little General upper-management.
Posting ID: 549158471Posted: 2020-02-14