PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Seasonal Workforce for Spring Outage Season.
Responsible for teardown, repair, new assembly, calibration, and diagnostics using Flowscanner of all brands of control valves and instruments, associated paperwork, valve diagnostics, digital control technology and the associated instrumentation such as AMS & Delta V, while working in the field service. Responsibility includes repair, calibration and modification of all makes and models of control valve and associated instrumentation and may include providing field service, inventory management, customer training and focus on building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with product divisions. Also responsible for communicating with customers in the field and relaying information back to the Local Business Partner, evaluating parts, and ordering their own parts and some independent scheduling of jobs. This position may require travel and extensive overtime with time spent in the field at customer sites as well as shop work.MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Calibration, testing and trouble-shooting of valves as well as measurement and valve related instruments.
- Assembly of new equipment or repaired equipment.
- Documentation of repair / testing / assembly activities - cause of failure, actions taken, parts used, labor hours, etc
- Various inventory control responsibilities - stocking shelves, pulling parts, cycle counting, proper documentation of inventory transactions.
- Customer communication - technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs.
- Participation in field service calls, as required, at customer sites. May require overnight stays from time to time.
- Disassembly, cleanup and evaluation of parts.
- Surface preparation and painting assemblies and parts.
- Nameplate stamping and tagging.
- Boxing / shipping of old and new parts. Crating and packaging when required.
- Final inspection and completion of inspection report.
- Signing and documenting date compliance sheets.
- Adherence to all safety, quality, company rules and regulations.
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her. Can maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participation and involvement in Safety, Quality and Activities Committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical related Associates degree a plus.
- Experience in the process control industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of analyzing, evaluating, diagnosing, and resolving equipment and process related problems is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relations skills are a must.
- Personal Computer experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.