Description JOB TITLE: Assistant DesignerIMMEDIATE MANAGER: Associate DesignerDIRECT REPORTS: N/ADIRECT REPORTS TITLES: N/AJOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-ExemptBUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: N/ALOCATION: Manhattan Beach, CATHE PURPOSE:
As the Assistant Designer, you will be responsible for assisting in interpreting the design direction into materials, trims, styles, colors and patterns. The position will support the Design team in developing and executing a strategic vision, with a progressive, customer centric-approach all while delivering on sales and profit objectives THE ROLE (what you are accountable for)
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- Assist in creating mood and trend boards.
- Work with cross-functional partners and or suppliers for material procurement and make sure that samples are received on time.
- Assist designers throughout the production development procedure.
- Experience using Full Circle or similar PLM software to update system of record and bill of materials to align with product development.
- Create and assign style numbers to new designs and track progress throughout design and prototype development.
- Generate line sheets.
- Maintain seasonal fabric, trim and wash approvals.
- Issue purchase orders for design needs and travel locally as needed to obtain materials or supplies.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Design degree and/or entry level fashion design experience.
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office and Excel.
Posting ID: 549159154Posted: 2020-02-14