FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today! Position Summary
Provide support to the Branches in expediting parts for delivery to all branches of the company as well as customers. Essential Tasks
- Experience shipping and receiving
- Forklift / Reach truck Experience
- Knowledge of inventory control / stock replenishment
- Shipment auditing
- Pull and organize branch and customer orders for delivery from warehouse by part number and quantity as directed by picking ticket in priority assigned.
- Manually, load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids, platforms or lifting devices.
- Stock and maintain inventory items in designated warehouse storage areas.
- Weigh materials or products and record weight and other production data on tags and labels.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' Proficient PC (MS Office)
- Teamwork: Ability to focus and work in a team oriented environment as a leader or follower
- Units of Measure: Ability of understand different of units of measures (i.e. packs, feet, eaches, pieces, etc)
- Oral Expression:The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Handling of normal stock will include lifting or carrying parts in excess of 60 lbs. up to 15% of the time. Majority of lifting and carrying will involve parts between 5 and 60 lbs. Environmental / Physical Conditions
Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise Equipment
- OSHA approved steel-toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Minimum of 2 year of general warehouse experience.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Posting ID: 549159168Posted: 2020-02-14