FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
With annual revenues of approximately $1 billion, FleetPride is North America's premier and largest independent distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer replacement parts. The company owns and operates 250 branches in 45 states, as well as 5 distribution centers and 5 discrete manufacturing facilities. As the market leader, FleetPride sells 4.5x the unit volume of the next largest independent competitor.
FleetPride carries a full line of nationally-recognized, brand name parts, as well as an assortment of exclusive-brand parts, offering over 180,000 SKUs to 85,000 customers. The company offers in-house remanufactured products such as brake shoes and driveline components and provides truck and trailer repair services at many locations. Summary
TheProduct Category Manager
is responsible for all product line strategy, planning, pricing, marketing, sourcing and supply management, and for assigned product lines. Drawing support from analytic and technical expertise in the department and across the company, the Product Category Manager will drive merchandising strategies that maximize total contribution, while meeting key business objectives such as quality, availability, and security of supply. The positions reports to the Director of Category Management and is located at the company's headquarters in Las Colinas. Responsibilities
- Strategy and Planning. Partner with business leadership and field operations to understand customer needs and develop near-term and long-term strategies for assigned categories. Lead periodic, cross-functional line reviews that set the product line pricing, marketing, sourcing, and supply management strategies that drive sales and overall contribution margins for each product category. Leverage sales trends, spend analytics, external market intelligence, and competitive information to enable fact-based decision making. Accountable for full lifecycle management.
- Pricing and Management. Optimize pricing to maximize sales and contribution for each product line. Ensure that the right products are marketed at the right stores, at the right price quantity. Manage promotions, advertising, product line changes, and other marketing initiatives. Collaborate with the Pricing team to manage POS system date and processes. Work with field operations and support functions to extend and or rationalize product lines to meet and/or drive future customer demand.
- Negotiating & Contracting. Drive supplier negotiations in alignment with the Chief Procurement Officer to support category strategies and financial targets with OEM, and third party branded, and private label suppliers. Evaluate all sources of supply, including overseas and low cost country suppliers. Use market expertise and data analytics to achieve best cost of product and supply assurance. Develop comprehensive implementation and communications plans with field and distribution operations.
- Supplier Management. Optimize product offerings, quality, inventory, and security of supply by developing and managing supplier relationships. Ensure suppliers are performing to contracted service levels and meeting field expectations. When performance issues emerge, lead interactions with suppliers to ensure efficient resolution. Engage with regularly to drive innovation and remain current with industry trends and technologies.
- 8+ years merchandising experience with hard goods, including 3+ years of product line leadership experience
- Significant experience with professional category management including product line strategy reviews, planning, and product specification creation across a series of categories
- Expert-level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills; and experience with business and supplier performance reporting
- Experience integrating people and processes with systems including ERP and POS applications
- Possesses strong commercial acumen, negotiation skills, and track record for capturing value
- Expertise in product pricing and marketing; embrace fact based decision making and naturally seeks to leverage sales data, spend analytics, and competitive intelligence
- Expertise in supplier management; able to engage with suppliers to drive current performance and future product line technology and innovation
- Demonstrated executive presence; comfortable and credible with both executive audience and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through both direct and indirect networks; a consensus builder and change agent
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Other Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Able to travel up to 20 %
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Posting ID: 549159171Posted: 2020-02-14