Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Supervisor, Microbiology who:
Maintains responsibility for supervising personnel in the performance of Microbiology laboratory duties in order to ensure adequate completion and quality of work in the laboratory. Oversees all lab operations and ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.Essential Functions:
- Serves as technical consultant and mentor, directs and supervises microbiology staff and coordinates department scheduling. Manages hiring, oversees new-hire orientation and administers employee evaluations. Identifies staff education and competency needs and oversees training programs on instrumentation, technology, and procedure as needed.
- Maintains quality control of: 1. Media, reagents, organisms, 2. Proficiency testing, and 3. Instruments. Performs occasional patient sample testing and conducts spot reviews of testing results for quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA). Maintains quality standards for media, reagents and organisms and for proficiency testing and instruments.
- Continually evaluations new procedures, equipment and innovations for possible implementation. Develops and monitors department goals and regularly reviews action items. Writes, reviews, and updates department procedures. Works with other laboratory supervisors to develop and document consistent laboratory policies.
- Ensures compliance with rules, regulations and accreditation requirements of regulatory agencies, including Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), College of American Pathologists (CAP), Joint Commission (JC), AABB, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs equipment and instrumentation maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration as needed. Maintains and updates chemical inventory and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for microbiology lab and requisitions supplies as needed. Plans and reviews department budget and equipment and supply expenditures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Five years technical experience: Preferred
- Clinical microbiology experience: Preferred
- Medical Technologist certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP): Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.