Duties and Responsibilities
- Frequent property visits to conduct safety and security inspections and reviews to ensure compliance with established safety and security policies and procedures
- Provide expertise and support in nuisance/abatement meetings with local law enforcement agencies and city officials to determine effective solutions to issues being encountered by specific properties
- Assist in proactively identify areas of exposure and compile action plans to address the issues under the supervision of the Director of Safety & Security
- Work with local authorities and properties to support the development of action plans to avoid criminal/nuisance issues
- Assist properties with security incidents and safety issues that they encounter and provide direction and expertise with problem resolution
- Monitor OSHA compliance and conduct Risk Awareness Visitation Evaluations (RAVEs) at locations around the country.
- Assist in setting up and monitoring contract security guard services for properties and ensure appropriate levels of coverage are in place
- Review and monitor security costs to ensure budgetary compliance
- Assist in providing support in on-going safety and security training for brand-wide Safety and Security initiatives.
- Provides support in crisis management situations
- Available contact for affiliate managed hotels for Safety and Security related matters
- Any additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of safety and security or law enforcement experience. Hotel, restaurant or retail experience preferred.
- Possess the ability to make effective, sound business decisions and the knowledge to understand the overall impact of those decisions on the organization.
- Assist in the development and on-going update of safety and security manuals, policies, procedures, and programs
- Effective written and oral communication skills along with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to effectively interact/communicate with all levels of operations management in the field on safety and security related matters.
- Minimum of 90% travel required
Posting ID: 549380573Posted: 2020-10-20