PURPOSE OF YOUR WORK
At Checkers & Rally’s we make a difference in people’s lives by serving our Franchisees, Teams, and Guests. This position provides analyst support to the Supply Chain Department by supporting the Supply Chain Managers in managing supplier relationships, arranging for and negotiating the purchase of materials to ensure that all purchases are within budget. They are involved in managing supplier quality and performance to meet both strategic and tactical business goals including strategic sourcing, purchasing and logistic activities.
- Maintains responsibility for the Supply Chain including managing Food, Paper, Equipment, Smallwares, Services, Utilities, or Facilities suppliers and distributors.
- Analyzes products for negotiations, market comparatives, accruals, pricing, and inventory management.
- Manages bids and contract processes.
- Manages the pricing process for contracted Food, Packaging, Equipment, Smallwares, Services, Utilities, or Facilities categories to ensure accurate billing including monitoring weekly and monthly contract prices negotiated by the Managers and ensuring that they are communicated to the Distributors and the field.
- Provides support for promotional project management and communicating forecasting information, food cost calculations, inventory management, and production planning.
- Compiles, stores, retrieves reporting data to provide for reports and detailed analysis.
- Handles product sample requests as required cross functionally and follows up accordingly.
- Formulates recommendations and communicates regularly with Senior Management, Franchise and Company Operations to ensure continued supplies of our products.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned, with or without accommodation.
- Procurement plans and processes
- Company operating systems and procedures
- Company policies and procedures
- Microsoft Office Suite. Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, & Power Point
- Project Management software is desirable
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Procurement and Distribution experience within Foodservice Industry.
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Team Player
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Work requires light or a low amount of physical exertion. The need for physical stamina and endurance is of minimum or low significance. Body movement usually involves sitting and intermittent walking.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posting ID: 549384139Posted: 2020-05-21