Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
The Physician Denial Specialist in the Physican Billing department follows up on unprocessed or denied insurance claims through extensive phone, fax, and written correspondence with payors and pricing agencies.
Works with physician offices and billing office employees to resolve any outstanding claim issues.
Ensures correct reimbursement rates are paid on claims based on current client contracts.
Utilizes knowledge of the revenue cycle and patient accounts to maximize reimbursements.
Abides by and promotes HIPAA compliance at all times.
1. 1 - year insurance collections/ AR receivables experience or 2 years of customer service/ banking/ accounting experience
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. Basic computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite
4. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
1. Knowledge of healthcare receivables and collections, including denial and appeal processes.
2. Understanding of the healthcare revenue cycle
3. Coding knowledge or CPC certification
4. Knowledge and ability to use insurance company websites
RP Code: 12C
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law. .
Posting ID: 549546611Posted: 2020-10-21