Production OperatorsAbout Aramark:
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide. Position Overview:
Plant employees are assigned tasks within the normal operation of an industrial laundry. The assigned tasks are repetitive in nature and acceptable proficiency can normally be attained within a few days.
One is normally assigned to a specific task's area within the production flow of the laundry. The various task's areas are explained separately. Due to varying production requirements incumbents may be instructed by a member of the management team to assume tasks not normally assigned to the incumbent. Essential Functions:
All positions in the plant require the following:
- Perform the assigned tasks in a proficient manner. This includes attaining a minimum of 100% of the production standard for tasks for which production standards have been established.
- Maintain high quality standards on all work performed. Inspect all materials for damage or excessive wear and properly report the findings to the appropriate responsible person for resolution.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free work area. Immediately report all broken or malfunctioning equipment or safety hazards to the appropriate person for corrective action.
- Follow all company and work rules. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making suggestions and implementing where possible.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
Exposure to adverse temperatures which may include extreme hot or cold. The following physical activities are required: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, sitting, standing, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver a minimum of 25 lbs. without assistance. May be asked to occasionally lift and maneuver 50+ lbs. Tight deadlines that may require overtime are required. Overtime may be required. Notification of overtime may occur the same day that the overtime is required. Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Exposure to productivity standards and tight deadlines.
- Two to four years work experience in production or manufacturing, with primary focus on productivity and repetitive tasks.
- Stable employment history.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with others.
- Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work.
- Ability to learn, understand, and adhere to all applicable safety precautions and procedures.
- Supports and participates in the Company's production and quality standards with a continuous focus on customer service.
- Ability to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Ability to comprehend verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability to perform the following; differentiate between colors; to recognize, record and match numbers; to distinguish between cotton and synthetics; to stand for an eight hour day on a concrete floor.
Posting ID: 549555635Posted: 2020-08-07