Provides regular professional care to patients undergoing assessment of cardiovascular implantable electronic devices (CIED) in both outpatient and inpatient environments. This includes safe and thorough evaluation, testing, and interpretation of patients with Pacemakers, ICDs, and loop recorders in-clinic and remote follow ups. Responsibilities:
- Performing interrogation, interpretations, and programming of established CIEDs for ambulatory and hospitalized patients.
- Provides professional care to patients undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic services to outpatient and hospitalized patients in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Evaluates, initiates and maintains standards of care consistent with CCHS policies and procedures.
- Assists with specialized patient care equipment as required by the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Participates in education, research and performance improvement activities. Provides health education to patients and families.
- Develops, evaluates, adapts and documents education to meet learning needs and abilities of patients and families.
- Assists in the preparation of department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Maintains core competency (CPR and device knowledge).
- Analyzes and edits EKG recordings; generates reports including EKG strips.
- Notifies device RN staff, APP, or physicians of abnormal heart rhythms and patients with significant clinical symptoms; assists patients with securing medical assistance.
- Assists with the scheduling of the device replacement procedure.
- Collaborates with device nurses.
- Review and document on remote transmissions for CIEDs. Takes appropriate action if anything is out of range.
- Evaluates safely and thoroughly all patients in clinic with CIEDs for device status, function, and patient response to pacing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree preferred in a field related to science or physical health.
- Certificate of completion for formal cardiac device training program required.
Complexity of Work:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Two years of relevant experience in healthcare field preferred.
- Five years direct experience with cardiac devices may offset the training program.
- Current demonstrated clinical competence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 550005810Posted: 2020-10-22