TEMP - Assistant Group LeaderDepartment/Location
: Philadelphia Citadel; 5830 Rising Sun Avenue, PhiladelphiaAvailability of Position
: 2 Temporary; beginning September 2, 2020Schedule
: Part-Time, 25 hours per week; M-F 7 AM-12:00 PM; 12:00 PM-5:00 PM Reporting Relationship
: Director of Youth Services, Assistant Director of Youth Programs/Group Supervisor, Group Leader and/or Corps Commanding Officers Salary and Grade
: $15.00 per hour; 72 Non-Exempt Position Overview
: The Assistant Group leader is responsible for assisting in the implementation of scheduled daily activities, maintain orderly transitions between activities and will work with smaller groupings within the larger group of youth (for grades K-3) and/or 15 youth (for grades 4-12), who will attend program daily.
- Assist in implementing lessons and activities for smaller assigned groups as assigned by the Group Leader
- Assist with maintaining order in the classroom (behavioral management), helps youth with homework and teaches age-appropriate behaviors and social skills, within guidelines set by The Salvation Army in smaller group settings.
- Assist with the monitoring of classroom environment, including cleanliness, and safety and security procedures for all children in care.
- Assist in communication of children's progress, agency tasks and activities to Group Leader or Supervisor
- Use positive guidance when redirecting behaviors and respects the dignity of each child.
- Responsible for following personnel policies and procedures as outline in the staff and department handbooks.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- Associate degree preferred from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field, and two years of experience with children.
- In lieu of an Associate degree, a high school diploma with a minimum of three years of experience or 3,180 hours working with children and youth in recreation, fine arts, camping, or academic setting.
- Friendly demeanor with the ability to interact well with children, families and staff.
- Have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
- As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2017 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five years thereafter.
- Meets Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements as instructed below:
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No phone calls please
Released by the Human Resources Department on August 18, 2020
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The Salvation Army's Mission StatementThe Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination
Requisition No. 1402