The Bank of New York Mellon is a provider of investment services and investment management and we are a world-renowned leader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can help drive your success in markets around the world. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets.BNY Mellon Technology's mission is to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.Our TeamClearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. This group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms. The Role
As a provider of Securities Finance service, we are hiring Securities Finance Application/Production Support Analysts
to build out capabilities in Pittsburgh. You will cover incident management and reporting, production access and control, change management, disaster recovery and the day-to-day start of business readiness. You will work closely with business lines to ensure systems are ready for business, while handling any issues and maximizing availability. Responsibilities:
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Ensure seamless and continual 24x6 global support for Markets applications
- Partner with application development and infrastructure to execute Markets technology's future state vision
- Ensure systems delivered to production environments meet enterprise quality requirements
- Ensure the appropriate level of control and management is applied to the Markets production environment.
- Focus on maturing the support functions and improving resilience of internal and external applications used by business line.
- Seek opportunities to increase the quality of technology service delivered to the business
- Pro-actively prepare for planned maintenance over weekends, DR exercise and all major roll-outs
- Ensure logging of support incidents, hold Problem Review Meetings (PRMs) and track action items to closure
- Identify and implement minimum standards for critical support functions (e.g. runbooks, monitoring, onsite/call-out support).
- Establish recovery scenarios and run recovery tests with critical support teams (e.g. recover corrupted database, re-run a batch or file extract)
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- A combination of the following technical skills is desirable:
- Strong technical skills on UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Good SQL skills
- Basic Java development
- Basic Python
- UNIX/Linux scripting
- Experience of using Jira
- Experience setting up monitoring tools
- Prior experience in, implementing and supporting large-scale production systems
- Knowledge ofSecurities Financesystems
- Understanding of Governance (ITIL practices/ processes)
- Appreciation of operational risk
- Role involves regular escalation and coordination activities over evenings and weekends
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic
- Must possess excellent written and oral skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-PittsburghInternal Jobcode:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624Requisition Number:
Posting ID: 550756874Posted: 2020-08-07