As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).Treasury Services Technology (TST)
within CMISTleads the development and maintenance of state-of-the-art technology solutions for the Treasury Services business. TST is aligned with the business into five sub-segments including: Global Payments, Information & Liquidity, Payments and Receivables, Enterprise Financial Messaging (EFM) and Trade Services.Because of TST's industry-leading solutions, BNY Mellon is the first bank to participate in Real-Time Payments processing and provide full transparency into the status of payments.Responsibilities:
- Be the primary developer in the project.
- Design workflows and user interfaces.
- Thorough understanding of systems development methodology best practices.
- Develop technical specifications and act as a technical lead in the software development process.
- Ensure the quality of source code, conduct code reviews and provide feedback.
- Create or lead in creation of other technical documents as related to projects and initiatives.
- Proven exposure to finance/banking related projects.
- Able to lead a business conversation with our business partners and assist with defining a business solution.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Qualifications Desired Qualifications:
- Pega LSA 7.4 or higher preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience designing Workflows and flow actions, User Interfaces, Activities, Decision rules, Declare Pages, Delegated rules, maintenance activities/utilities and Reports.
- Experience designing File Listener and File service for importing data.
- Experience in Unix/Linux and Mainframe would be preferred.
- Experience with Relational Databases such as Oracle 12 Exadata highly preferred.
- Proof of Pega Certifications mandatory.
- Experience with building Pega API's and connecting to external interface API's highly preferred.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools like GIT.
- Demonstrated knowledge with dynamic and static containers.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in the financial services industry with wire transfers and client service support is a plus.
- Pega Certifications with proven work experience is more important than level of degrees
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-PittsburghInternal Jobcode:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624Requisition Number: