An Environmental Services Associate, under the general direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor, performs general cleaning activities, helps distribute laundry and stocks rooms with medical supplies throughout Allen Hospital. Individually, and as a department, Environmental Service Associates assist in ensuring that the hospital facility is clean and safe for patients, associates and visitors on a daily basis.
• Deliver professional cleaning services throughout the hospital, including: patient rooms, restrooms, corridors/stairwells, cafeteria/kitchen, lounge areas, classrooms, offices,etc. in accordance with standard operating procedures of the department.
• Promptly provide cleaning services to any area of the hospital if requested by the Environmental Services Manager/Supervisor/Lead or other hospital personnel.
• Prepare rooms for patients by stocking necessary medical supplies in designated patient care areas throughout the hospital (i.e. syringes, suction tubing, bandages, gauze, etc).
• Completes computer based learning modules as requested by Environmental Services department and Allen Hospital.
• Perform other key job functions as assigned by the Environmental Services Manager and Supervisors.
• Perform laundry tasks as needed/requested such as: fill laundry carts with clean linen; distribute linen throughout the hospital; empty dirty linen from linen chutes; aid in providing accurate par levels in each department.
• Perform other duties as assigned: cleaning carpets, burnishing floors, stripping/finishing hard surface floors, etc.
Ability to understand, read, and write English.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
General Housekeeping knowledge
Six months experience of carpet cleaning, floor finishing and general housekeeping preferred but not necessary.
Must be able to communicate effectively with people and understand the diversity of the hospital environment. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, administrators, contractors, and company representatives.
Must display a positive, service oriented attitude.
Support the efforts of the department, and demonstrate attention to details.
PAY: $12.00 - $14.2914 Mid
1:00PM - 9:30PM; rotating weekends/holiday schedule
Posting ID: 550758285Posted: 2020-08-07