The radiology technologist provides quality patient care while assisting a licensed practitioner in the performance of diagnostic and interventional catheterizations. Operates the imaging equipment for procedures.
Reports to: Director, Radiology Essential Functions:
Qualifications :Minimum Education
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examination for interpretation and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Uses computer system in documenting correctly and accurately patient information to ensure the quality of patient care: (a) patient's full name (b) patient's medical record number (c) patient's date of birth (d) examinations performed.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all necessary computer operations to ensure proper examination documentation and charges.
- Will perform additional duties, as assigned
Associates Degree from Radiological Technology program required. Required Skills
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Required Skills
ACLS within 6 months of hire. Required Skills
Licenses: ARRT required Minimum Work Experience
Prior Cath Lab or interventional radiology experience required.
Posting ID: 550761611Posted: 2020-08-07