Under general supervision performs routine loading and unloading of materials within yard or work site; assembles load packages into truck for delivery to customer job sites.
* Drives various lifting devices (e.g. forklift) to move products, equipment of materials around the warehouse, shop or yard.
* Oversees the work of less-experienced Load Builders as necessary.
* Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting devices, under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch and assists with transporting load to designated area.
* Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers so as to provide correct identification of items.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Forklift Certification required.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)765-3990 or email:ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family OPS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Spartanburg SC Yard - 8035 Howard Street (29303), 8035 Howard Street, Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States of America