L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Lead, Structural Engineer (ODA)Job Code: IMS20201102-40913Job Location: Greenville, TX
This position is for a Structural Engineer for the Airworthiness Engineering Group at our Greenville, TX facility.Must be capable of becoming an FAA ODA Structural Engineering Unit Member approving aircraft modifications and repairs performed
by L3Harris on behalf of the FAA.You will demonstrate success by:
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Responsible for technical approval of the structural aspects of aircraft modifications and repairs performed byL3Harrisfor both civil and military aircraft.
- Will act as certification Task Leader for some projects, tracking programmatic issues involving airworthiness as well as project cost/schedule performance.
- Ability to review engineering drawings and analysis to determine compliance with airworthiness requirements
- Experience in classical structural analysis methods and structural Finite Element Analysis is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor'sdegree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineering or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in aerospace structures.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel as necessary.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Products and be computer literate.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship
- Experience preparing structural dynamics and/or flutter analysis reports is preferred
- Experience with classical structural analysis techniques and finite element modeling is preferred
- Previous experience as a company DER, consultant DER, or an ODA Engineering Unit Member is preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.