Job Summary:Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visitwww.livenationentertainment.com. Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on! The Role:
We are seeking a Staff Accountant for the Midwest Region, a segment of the Live Nation Concerts division. This individual will assist the Senior Accountant, who is responsible for shows at a wide variety of venues - both owned/operated and third party. The Midwest region encompasses 15 states representing approximately 25% of US households. We manage over 1,000 concerts annually at theaters, amphitheaters, arenas, stadiums and festival sites. Responsibilities:
- Revenue Allocation (e.g., Ticketmaster, box office, and event concessions, etc.)
- Manage cash disbursement (e.g., wires, cash orders, manual show checks) for show settlement
- Prepare event P&L and event journal entries.
- Review and monitor Oracle project and event reports for reasonableness
- Reconcile all show activity
- Cost Allocation (e.g., invoice activity, intercompany balance transfers, payroll, capital expenditure, etc.)
- Ensure that all receivables, receipts, and payable items are processed and recorded accurately and timely; participate in and monitor collection of receivables
- Provide audit support as needed to ensure that show files are in compliance with company policy and procedure
- Assist with month-end close
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance. Please include GPA with your application.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to take direction and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenation.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.