Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.Position Summary:
This position offers tremendous growth for someone who is wanting to move into a leadership role
. This successful candidate will have the opportunity to foster leadership skills and hone creative vision with growth that rewards hard work with further opportunities for personal and professional development. We are seeking a self-motivated, strong leader who will be able to develop innovative interior architectural design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe, and conducive to intended purpose and function, reflect client goals and are within project budget and schedule. Along with local and national leaders, this position offers the candidate the opportunity to continue to build the interiors business by attracting new clients through marketing initiatives, retain business with existing clients and building a staff of strong design talent.
In a senior role, leads the pursuit of new client relationships and projects and selling the company's ability to produce and manage interior design projects
- Working closely with the Discipline Leads, Manager Of Projects(MOPs), Project Managers and Design Principals to oversee all projects and ensure service, innovation and quality assurance
- Represent the firm to the local client base and local industry organizations
- Develop a strong design team and champion design excellence
- Ensure the vision and direction of the interiors studio is coordinated with national goals. Maintain regular communication with National Interiors Practice Lead.
- Work closely with the National Interiors Practice Lead, National Design Principals and other Discipline Directors across the office and the firm to promote an integrated design approach and philosophy and facilitates its advancement in respective offices
- Reviews other designer's project work in multiple offices and is accountable for overall design and design leadership.
- Acts as Design Director for multiple office locations and/or nationally; leading in an area of expertise as assigned by the National Practice Leader.
- Along with the National Practice Leader and National Design Principal, establishes policies and is responsible for the quality level of interior design and consulting services across the practice.
- Has frequent contact with internal and external personnel at all levels of management.
- Leads or participates in the pursuit of new client relationships and projects and in marketing and branding the national practice.
- Has decision making authority on all major issues, deferring to National Practice Lead and the National Design Principal.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications :**please upload a portfolio with your resume**
- Develop and maintain relationships with all existing clients
- Working with MOPs and Program Managers, lead the identification of new clients.
- Attend local networking events like the ones held by CoreNet, AIA, IFMA, IIDA, SCUP, etc.
- Maintain network development (vendors, brokers, etc.)
- Coordinate marketing portfolio materials and qualification packages with National Practice Leads
- Assist local Discipline Lead and National Practice Leaders with public relation efforts which include:
- Develop and submit trade journal articles
- Submit for speaking engagement opportunities
- Submit projects for design competitions
- Bachelors or higher level degree from an accredited school of Interior Design or Architecture with proven knowledge of design process is required
- Minimum of 12 years of applicable professional experience, demonstrated by working in a similar role is required
- NCIDQ or AIA registration is preferred.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Possess a strong marketing and business development skills with a track record of successful project pursuits.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to mentor and motivate staff. Building strong design talent in the various offices will be key to the success of the practice.
- Possess the ability to leverage oneself beyond a project-based focus to address and contribute to the greater office and regional issues.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 550886774Posted: 2020-07-14