Calibration Technician (Metrology) KBR Government Solutions
delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning. Responsibilities/Duties:
- Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its functions.
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
- Develops automated procedures using basic/complex programming skills.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
- Makes design modification, or devises and designs the equipment parts.
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work instructions, and assists customers to define technical requirements to meet their objective.
- Performs complex calibration work on equipment; reads and interprets blue prints and manufacturers manuals;
- Performs work safely, incompliant to HS&E requirements, and takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts effectively with others to produce the desired results.
- Participates constructively in the utilization of process improvement methods to provide timely, cost-effective, quality services.
- Maintains records of test data, and assists in writing test procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Serves as lead resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Serves as primary technical contact for assigned customer group
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma with applicable technical training 2 years of direct experience in the field, OR Associate's degree in engineering technology or other relevant field and 1 year direct experience.
- Military PMEL/TMDE training preferred.
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency including calibration and inspection of dedicated gages and component level troubleshooting.
- Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track and Met/Cal experience a plus.
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.