Group Lead Med Technologist- Warner Robins, Georgia - Mon-Thurs- 4 tens night shift w/rotating weekends 830a-7pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As aMedical Technologist/ClinicalLab Scientistyou will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest,Medical Technologist/ClinicalLab Scientistplay an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I and II.
- In the absence of the Supervisor, performs necessary supervisory functions.
- Assist in supervising assigned Medical Technologist, Technicians, and Laboratory Assistants by monitoring work flow to meet testing schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; training employees in laboratory techniques; resolving work related problems of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Train departmental employees on techniques, procedures, and company policy.
- Works with supervisor to head up the validation of new procedures.
- Reviews QA and QC records when applicable.
- Ability to have input into the hiring process.
- Serve as a technical resource for the unit by investigating and resolving analytical testing problems, recommending a course of action in instances identified as beyond acceptable limits, and responding to non-routine/complex inquiries and/or requests from clients and sales representatives.
- Expedites the flow of work to maximize productive capacity by evaluating production systems and recommending enhancements and coordinating the resolution of production problems/issues involving other laboratory departments.
- Review unit activities to ensure compliance with departmental policies and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Review requests for validity checks and recommend an appropriate course of action taking into account the limitations of specimen requirements and the effects of time and the quality of additional and/or repeat testing.
- Assist with the department's annual competency testing process and documentation.
- Interact in a professional manner with inter-departmental teams and groups.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or an Associate degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. If HEW certified, eight years or more in same department. Associates hired after the standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
Minimum of five years clinical experience with two years in present department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual performance appraisals.
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities for self and others and handle several procedures simultaneously including troubleshooting instruments and other problems/issues.
- Ability to schedule and manage resources to meet department goals.
- Must interact with other departments.
- Contact with clients will be required, good customer service skills are important. In addition, interaction with purchasing and manufacturing or technical representatives may be required.
- Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search: medical technology, clinical laboratory scientist, clinical test, reference laboratory, reporting, test calibration, quality control, reagent testing, instrument, CLIA, ASCP, leadership, problem-solve, trouble-shoot, validate, supervise.