Job Description Summary Job Description
The Software Developer's prime focus is to develop, modify, and support features of internal software applications using identified development tools and technologies.Primary Job Responsibilities:
Ancillary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio or other tools
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the development process
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Program SQL views, stored procedures, and functions
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Develop and analyze automated tests
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Participate, support, and enforce agile SDLC processes
- Write and update technical documentation posted to wiki
Minimum Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Maintain a working knowledge of application development tools
- Ongoing education to keep up to date on software development tools and techniques
- Train team members on the new features and functionality of tools
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or directed
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in MS Visual Studio and SQL required.
- Solid foundation in Visual Studio to develop in C# and VB.Net.
- Experience with Angular, .Net MVC Core, and Web API development technologies.
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server and relational database development.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related subject.
- Strong written and verbal skills required inclusive of the ability to effectively and positively communicate with all levels of management and end users.
- Understanding of Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience using tools from Telerik and/or Infragistics.
- Familiar with Jira, Bitbucket (Git), and Bamboo a plus.
- Experience writing Gherkin tests.
- We are in need of a candidate strong in Angular and willing to leading our switch to SPA development in Angular
- This is an opportunity to code in the latest version of Angular
- Creative UI front-end developers needed
Primary Work LocationUSA FL - Stuart Airport Road Additional Locations Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-5pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Posting ID: 551114000Posted: 2020-07-14