I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
We offer a unique employment package that includes:
I believe my work is my calling.
- Unprecedented opportunities for career growth.
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement.
- Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
As a Home Health Physical Therapist, you will:
- Plan and administer prescribed skilled physical therapy treatment and training for patients suffering from various injuries, illnesses and functional disabilities to attain highest level of physical function.
- Test/screen the patient's physical strengths to assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function and records findings to develop or pursue treatment programs and establish measurable training objectives.
- Develop/implement a conditioning/rehabilitation program consistent with physician's Plan of Treatment and the overall goals of the patient/rehab team. Adjust treatment as needed to achieve maximum results.
- Confer with physician and clinical team members to obtain additional patient information and assist in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment.
- Provide Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aide staff with written instructions/care plan that reflects current plan of care as related to therapy, supervise/evaluate staffs' performance. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by physical therapy assistants and home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Accurately, promptly and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluations. Assure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician and physical therapist are promptly and accurately documented, submitted for physician signature and implemented
- Report patient's progress to the patient's physician, Clinical Manager, staff, patient and family. Submit evaluation, treatment plans, progress reports and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program (approved by the APTA)
- Minimum of one year physical therapy experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME
Job Location San Luis Obispo, California, United States
Position Type PRN
Posting ID: 551365730Posted: 2020-07-14